Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

We're All Ears :: March Inspiration

If you've been with me long enough, you know I love macro photography.

There is something really special about seeing the tiniest things blown up to mammoth proportions that so intrigues me. There is an endlessly fascinating array of things that can be magnified by the macro lens and those that take such photos have my utmost admiration. I do have a macro lens on my regular camera (that hasn't seen much use in the past year or so), as well as a Photojojo macro lens that snaps onto my iPhone. But the best macro shots I managed to take were ones with a set of progressive filters that just screwed onto the regular lens of my big-ass camera (the one that doesn't see much action... after I dropped it on said lens...). I really need to get a different regular lens and break those out. I miss them.

So I was really thrilled to just do a random search to see what I could find and something that would help me get in the mind frame of the coming spring (it is coming, right?). 

I discovered these marvelous macro photos by Martin Amm who is a German nature photographer. Each of these is an extreme close up of dragonflies or damselflies covered in morning dew. I couldn't decide on just one so I grabbed a few to hopefully capture your interest from different angles.






Positively effervescent, don't you think?
And I just realized that the very first We're All Ears challenge in February 2014 was a pair of damselflies...sort of like coming full circle!

What intrigues you most about this up close and personal photography?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To participate in the We're All Ears creative challenge:

Make earrings inspired by this inspiration.
Write a post on your blog.
Add your exact blog post URL link to the
InLinkz code right here on 
Friday, March 20th.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

12 comments:

  1. I too have a fascination with macro photography. If you haven't already you should join one of the macro groups online. Great fun! I'll have to check my stash and get inspired as I missed the last challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effervescent is the word! Spectacular photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love this inspiration. I'm determined to participate this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cats! Those are amazing photos and so full of color and texture! How can anyone not be inspired by these? Love the photos and subjects you've picked for us. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yay! I was hoping you'd do insects. They have such amazing coloration and patterns. I have no idea how I'm going to translate these spectacular photos into earrings, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Can't wait to see what everyone else does too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this challenge...but have only participated in one other...the first one with the two damsel flies!! hope to get something done for this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first damselflies challenge was the only challenge that slipped by me, so I am excited to participate in this one. Another cool inspiration! Thanks, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool - I think I even have the exact pair of beads in mind to represent the bubbles! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the dew on the dragonfly...I have a pinterest board devoted to "Dew Good" So I was thrilled to see this as this month challenge. Love all the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW.... fabulous inspiration!! I love macro photography and these are just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are fabulous. I love the way macro pictures help you see everyday things in whole new ways. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredible ! Tiny tiny water drops, and his eyes, just wow :)

    ReplyDelete